Time to sell the Schock 23.2

Apr 23, 2018
Schock 23-2 48 Seattle
So I just got a Catalina 30 so my 23.2 and trailer will have to be put up for sale soon and I am looking at my list of deferred maintenance.
Is the juice worth the squeeze when it comes to dollars spent? Going to do a new bottom for sure and swap out a screaming sheeve on the jib hal.
Other items would be:
New outboard? Old smoky is really putting out the white smoke under the water. 50% ROI on new outboard?
Add spin crane? Always wanted a second halyard for the asymmetric but just never got to it.
Rebuild the trailer brakes? Have never used the trailer in 6 years since I keep her in the water. But I have it and the previous guy did haul the boat with his SUV with out em.
Redo the anti slip paint?
Stuff cushions?
Or value price it as is and let the new owners have all the fun>
sexycanal shot.jpg

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
Give the list to the new owner. They will be excited to save money and learn to do the work themselves. And you can enjoy your new C30. I am sure it needs some attention aswell.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
If you looking for return on investment, make sure it is spotlessly clean and touchup any wood varnish. Replacing hardware …you’re gonna lose that money

Mar 2, 2019
Oday 25 Milwaukee
Present the boat as clean as possible .
Being honest about would be nice for the boat to have will go very far in establishing you as an honest seller .
As mentioned , I really don't beleive you will get a decent return on your investment .
At the very least I would pay some attention to the trailer . The prospective buyer wants to know he stands a decent chance of making it home .

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Time and money spent on cleaning products will reap rewards in price and speed of sale.

Do make the trailer road worthy, this thread explains why: