Re- Rosewood Missing 54 foot vessel Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
property can be and often is seized to satisfy liens. The Sherriff takes possession of a property and sells it to satisfy a debt. The act is advertized in the local papers for a legal period and the property is then auctioned to the highest bidder. The debtor has no further claim.

Sep 6, 2011
Ross said:
property can be and often is seized to satisfy liens. The Sherriff takes possession of a property and sells it to satisfy a debt. The act is advertized in the local papers for a legal period and the property is then auctioned to the highest bidder. The debtor has no further claim.
Ross, wouldn't the USCG know this and not renew documentation? Most banks I spoke to prefer a boat to be documented since the USCG keeps track of these things. SC

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
I don't know where the jurisdiction overlaps. I do know that the sherriff can arrest and take into custody a train, an airplane, a ship, a car or livestock. if he has an order from someone with a valid claim called a judgement.

Edit to change Can't to can.

Oct 30, 2011
Rosewood Hunter 54 New York NY
Most vessels have to be documented for banks to give loans especially when you are talking $1000,000.The documentation is the legal title to the boat and when the loan is satisfied the vessel can be re-documents with no restriction...You can not document a vessel without a legal document's or notarized bill of sale...
USCG reviews these documents very carefully as I have been through this 3 times with Rosewood
loan paid/divorce and loan collateral lien paid
LTL

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Most vessels have to be documented for banks to give loans especially when you are talking $1000,000.The documentation is the legal title to the boat and when the loan is satisfied the vessel can be re-documents with no restriction...You can not document a vessel without a legal document's or notarized bill of sale...
USCG reviews these documents very carefully as I have been through this 3 times with Rosewood
loan paid/divorce and loan collateral lien paid
LTL

Larry,

If you are responding to a particular post in the thread please try to use the Reply (w/quote) button located in the post you are referring to or answering..

Oct 30, 2011
Rosewood Hunter 54 New York NY
54 Foot Hunter Rosewodd

Still looking for the vessel could be in Connecticut. If you see it please call me at 573-979-1467
LTL

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Re: 54 Foot Hunter Rosewodd

Tell us why you are looking for this boat! Was it stolen? Wrongfully taken by someone you know? Was it sold without your consent? Was it seized to settle a judgement? You seem to not want law enforcement involved so how about being a little more forthcoming with the details about this search.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada

Ross, already answered in the original thread.

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton

Larry you need to always post to this new thread you have just created or ask that it be removed and post on the original thread that you are still looking. That process will keep previously asked and answered replies together and current but not require the reader to validate your request by their research. You need to answer direct questions or at least post the address where you have previously answered the question. Your posts are beginning to look like a troll, to me.

ghost

May 18, 2007
NULL NULL Toronto
No no the original missing Hunter was called "Rosewood" this is a different boat called "Rosewodd" :)
( I wish people would do a quick spellcheck before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.