Re- Rosewood Missing 54 foot vessel Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim R.

May 27, 2004
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine
[/color]

It's been a lot of weeks since June 2002!
If he let his documentation lapse in 2002 and just recently renewed it, it would not show up online for weeks.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Re: Rosewood

Looking at all that has surfaced so far, I also find it interesting he never said the boat was "stolen", just "missing"- big difference. So maybe the law enforcement people have never had a report? So if Stinkpot had seen the boat in TX, called the cops, he could be said to turning in a false theft report if the boat was NOT stolen. If the OP says it was stolen, that's a differnt situation.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Why don't you just send some muscle down there to find it and bring it back. Somebody told you where it was and you blew your advantage. I don't care as much about that boat as you do and that seems to be very little.

KD3PC

Sep 25, 2008
boatless rainbow Callao, VA
an award?? For what....

reward...perhaps.

Chasing a "missing" boat in to Mexico, with any intention of "recovering it" is a fool's errand... Given US/Mexican relations, I would not expect much help from the USofA if you are detained by the federales...trying to take a boat from someone - who actually may have title to it.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
This is all now one thread.

Maine Sail has confirmed with the OP that this is legit. Let's keep it to that and try to help the guy locate his boat.

Thank you,

Jun 12, 2010
Oday 22 Orleans Marina, NOLA
If it's eyes he wants, then how about someone recommend he also post to the 'world's largest online sailing community'? I'm being serious here.

Oct 30, 2011
Rosewood Hunter 54 New York NY
So Larry, is the boat stolen? Has it been reported as such?
Sir,
Well I do not like to call any one a thief until I have all the facts...Which for some reason every one who comes into contact with the vessel is not very forth coming with information, so as it stands today, I have it reported as missing, but it is getting closer to being a theft every day that goes by...
I just want my boat back, nothing more and nothing less...
Thanks for your question
Regards
Larry

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
1 thought comes to mind here if you are lagit and it seems that you are via MS confermation......the stinkpot poster could very well be your enemy...based on the fact that his or her IP addy was in New york not Texas as he stated he was...meaning that the post could be a wild goose chase to through you off the trail....

regards

woody

PS......i have not seen your boat here in georgia but if i do i will give you a heads up...

good luck on your hunt.....

Oct 30, 2011
Rosewood 54 foot Hunter

very deep
The Rosewood is a 54 foot Hunter designed by Charles Cheribini.
Warren Luhres used this hull design to beet the Flying Clouds record around the Horn, adding 6 feet of a fake bow to reach the 60 foot mark needed for the record...
He still hold the record today with this hull, as I know it...
Regards
Larry

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 46 Georgetown YB
Maybe, Maybe Not

the stinkpot poster could very well be your enemy...based on the fact that his or her IP addy was in New york not Texas as he stated he was...
When I connect using my MiFi from Verizon the IP address is in the New York metro area. I have sat on the boat in the middle of the Chesapeake and chatted online with a tech in India. She asked if I was in New York.

Oct 30, 2011
1 thought comes to mind here if you are lagit and it seems that you are via MS confermation......the stinkpot poster could very well be your enemy...based on the fact that his or her IP addy was in New york not Texas as he stated he was...meaning that the post could be a wild goose chase to through you off the trail....

regards

woody

PS......i have not seen your boat here in georgia but if i do i will give you a heads up...

good luck on your hunt.....
Woodster,
I am thinking more and more about what you are saying and I am starting to feel the same way...Rosewood might be in my back yard and I just haven't seen it yet, but with you alls help, the days are numbered, as I believe
Regards
Larry

Oct 30, 2011
When I connect using my MiFi from Verizon the IP address is in the New York metro area. I have sat on the boat in the middle of the Chesapeake and chatted online with a tech in India. She asked if I was in New York.
I am agreeing more and more with this concept...
Thanks
Larry

Oct 30, 2011
an award?? For what....

reward...perhaps.

Chasing a "missing" boat in to Mexico, with any intention of "recovering it" is a fool's errand... Given US/Mexican relations, I would not expect much help from the USofA if you are detained by the federales...trying to take a boat from someone - who actually may have title to it.
Sir kd3,
As under the USCG guidelines, that is the title to my vessel. Any US Documented Vessel is protected in all waters around the world, especially Internationale, as long as it hold a current Documentation...
Believe me I speak fluent Spanish and I lived most of my life traveling and doing business in Latin counties...I know how it works...
I find the boat, Ill get the boat...That is the least of my worries...
Good comment
Regards
Larry

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Deadhead is exactly right. We have a number of 3G and 4G users through wireless providers and their IP addresses show up all over the CONUS.

Oct 30, 2011
Why don't you just send some muscle down there to find it and bring it back. Somebody told you where it was and you blew your advantage. I don't care as much about that boat as you do and that seems to be very little.
I called 26 Marinas and informed the Galveston Law Enforcement and the Coast Guard, notified the next day after Stinkpot did not give me the marinas name where he said he saw it...
I do not need mussel I just need a location where it was last seen and I can do the rest...
What ever it takes...
Regards
Larry

Oct 30, 2011
Rosewood missing/found

Looking at all that has surfaced so far, I also find it interesting he never said the boat was "stolen", just "missing"- big difference. So maybe the law enforcement people have never had a report? So if Stinkpot had seen the boat in TX, called the cops, he could be said to turning in a false theft report if the boat was NOT stolen. If the OP says it was stolen, that's a differnt situation.
Sir,
Missing without authorization and stolen are in the same pot until proven one way are another...The law is always open to interpretation depending on state to state...
I do not want Stinkpot or any one else to take the law into their own hands for me under any circumstance... I can handle myself...I just want information and I do not see why Stinkpot did not ever give me the marina name or location...
He put it on the web with a picture, did he not???
Regards
Larry

Oct 30, 2011
Re: Rosewood missing/found

If he let his documentation lapse in 2002 and just recently renewed it, it would not show up online for weeks.
That is correct but the NY registration is constant.
USCG uses outside contractors to maintain their web sight and they are very slow in updating information, at least on the web-page
Regards
Larry

Oct 30, 2011
Re: Rosewood

Yes I have the current documentation in my hand. The USCG is very slow at updating their web-page... outside contractor does the web-page for them..
Regards
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.