Name The Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2001
Hunter 420 Norfolk, VA
Buck 420 got it....... Buck420 do you have any pictures of spots that aren't to generic? has some sort of recognizability to it? throw it up.
OK aduff ... here's a couple

hints, the first pic is on the right side
the second is a bit further right

Attachments

Apr 22, 2001
Hunter 420 Norfolk, VA
Buck 420 got it....... Buck420 do you have any pictures of spots that aren't to generic? has some sort of recognizability to it? throw it up.
And here's yet a 3d one ... should be easy for you, so no hint ...

Attachments

Dec 28, 2010
Endeavour 37'4" plan A Niceville Florida
And here's yet a 3d one ... should be easy for you, so no hint ...
the last one looks like marathon fl, boot key harbor. the first may be somewhere in virginia, and the 2nd one looks like somewheres in the bahamas? maybe?

Dec 28, 2010
OK aduff ... here's a couple

hints, the first pic is on the right side
the second is a bit further right
yea the 2nd is definitely int he Bahamas i see the flag now. but the rock formation on the entrance helps too. i love the way the rocks are out there. But this 1st one i am not sure about the only other place i've seen ships that close together and that big are in Jaxsonville but we didnt spend much time through there. how'd i do?

Apr 22, 2001
Hunter 420 Norfolk, VA
yea the 2nd is definitely int he Bahamas i see the flag now. but the rock formation on the entrance helps too. i love the way the rocks are out there. But this 1st one i am not sure about the only other place i've seen ships that close together and that big are in Jaxsonville but we didnt spend much time through there. how'd i do?
Very Well ... indeed :)

Yes, the 3d pic is indeed Boot Key Harbor, Marathon.

The second is, in fact, in the Bahamas ... it's in the Exumas if you (or anyone else) wants to think on it a bit more...

The first pic is familiar to anyone sailing the lower Chesapeake Bay ... it's the "Reserve Fleet" (sometimes called the "Ghost Fleet") ... anchored a few miles up the James River from Hampton Roads.

It IS fun to see where everyone has been...

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Could that be "Moose Peak" over on Mistake Island? Regardless I hope I can get my boat up there someday.

CarlN

Jan 4, 2009
Ketch 55 Bristol, RI
Ed,

Bingo. Mistake Island near Jonesport Maine looking northwest. I didn't think anyone would get it because you normally only see fog. We had anchored alone in Mistake Harbor on the other side of the lighthouse. Picked wild raspberries on the walk.

Still waiting on the picture on the right. One of my favorite Maine harbors.

Carl

Feb 3, 2009
Camper Nicholson 39 CC Rockland, Maine
The one on the right is from the caretaker's cottage of the harbor of Damariscove Island off of Boothbay Harbor in Miane. It is a beautiful place to visit if you get there early or if you are there off season. Not much water and lots of folks trying to stop there. We went in there one time and took our boat way up to the head of the harbor where there is no water at low. We slept the night and then took an early morning walk with the baby while the boat lay on her side and then went back, had breakfast and got underway. Everyone in the harbor thought we were crazy but we did not have any otheer boats anchored near us!

Dec 28, 2010
man looking at these pictures makes me want to head north this summer. i keep telling my fiance that we should try some nothern latitudes sometime, she's stuck on warmer climates but these pictures of latley are really calling me! love all the lighthouses.

CarlN

Jan 4, 2009
Ketch 55 Bristol, RI
My best guess is Grand Manan but it doesn't look quite right.

I may be confused by the blue sky. That's another place I've only "seen" in the fog.

Carl

CarlN

Jan 4, 2009
Ketch 55 Bristol, RI
You're of course right on Damariscove. That blue boat in the distance was mine. 55ft and I turned it in the harbor -- I stationed someone on both bow and stern to watch the ledges. Even though we're anchored out by the old lifeboat station , there's no swell and we fell asleep to the constant sound of breakers on the ledge just off the entrance.

For those who haven't visited, Damariscove was one of the largest ports in America in the early 17th century. Dozens of fishing boats would be anchored at a time and a permanent store was ashore. The pilgrims came by a small boat from Plymouth in 1622 to ask for food (and received it).

Carl

Dec 28, 2010
Very Well ... indeed :)

Yes, the 3d pic is indeed Boot Key Harbor, Marathon.

The second is, in fact, in the Bahamas ... it's in the Exumas if you (or anyone else) wants to think on it a bit more...

The first pic is familiar to anyone sailing the lower Chesapeake Bay ... it's the "Reserve Fleet" (sometimes called the "Ghost Fleet") ... anchored a few miles up the James River from Hampton Roads.

It IS fun to see where everyone has been...
I know those boats....... the ones in the exhumas. lattitude was/is a part of a fleet of boats rented out bu some french canadian group. partied with them in normas and nassau. im guessing the upper exhumas somewhere. not staniel. what about compass cay?

Apr 22, 2001
Hunter 420 Norfolk, VA
I know those boats....... the ones in the exhumas. lattitude was/is a part of a fleet of boats rented out bu some french canadian group. partied with them in normas and nassau. im guessing the upper exhumas somewhere. not staniel. what about compass cay?
VERY GOOD ... Compass Cay it is :)
However, the French Canadians must have rented out another L'Attitude, 'cause "Laddy" stayed with me that whole Winter (07-08)... I think ;)

Dec 28, 2010
VERY GOOD ... Compass Cay it is :)
However, the French Canadians must have rented out another L'Attitude, 'cause "Laddy" stayed with me that whole Winter (07-08)... I think ;)
yea this was last winter. im just saying the boat looks really familiar. is it a benneteu?

Dec 28, 2010
Aduff, are you asking if my boat is a Benneteu ?:evil: :eek:
Lost in translation man.......... never mind. i was saying the boat with the name L'attitude looked vaguely familiar to a boat that i saw that was used by a company/fleet of boats out of nassau last winter....... thats all. no offense

Apr 22, 2001
Hunter 420 Norfolk, VA
Lost in translation man.......... never mind. i was saying the boat with the name L'attitude looked vaguely familiar to a boat that i saw that was used by a company/fleet of boats out of nassau last winter....... thats all. no offense
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.