Zink Anode for Beneteau 331

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil K

Jan 27, 2008
Beneteau 331 Whitby
I am trying to remove the Anode from the end of the prop shaft. Does anyone know if the the thread is RH or LH. The prop is RH.

Sep 12, 2006
Beneteau 361 Chesapeake
I have a 361- might be similar?

I have a 361 so I'm not sure if it's the same, but my anode screw drives on the normal side of the road- meaning lefty loosy, righty tighty... Hope this helps! I've also found that if I don't replace it in time, the anode completely 'melts' away and I have to replace the bolt altogether, negating the need to loosen it. :)

Phil K

Jan 27, 2008
Beneteau 331 Whitby
Beneteau confirms the prop nut is a RH thread.

A metal locking tab keeps the nut in place. It must be flattened out prior to removing the prop nut.

Mac

Jun 7, 2006
MacGregor 25 KEUKA lake NY
how often?

Phil, I also have a 331 but my anodes tend to disolve off before they need to be removed. My diver says they have a bad tendency to just unscrew themselves and fall off as well. How often do you find you need to replace your anode? Mine tend to be 80% gone in 3 months. It seems like a small zinc for this size of boat but no options. Just pulled my engine zinc out of the heat exchanger today because I waited four months. Curious what your experience is.

Phil K

Jan 27, 2008
Beneteau 331 Whitby
Anode Life

I can get two seasons out of each anode. But we are fresh water and only in the water from May to October.

Status
Not open for further replies.