YSE12 Injector Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sean

,I just recently replaced the valves in my engine, and it now starts easily and runs great. The problem is the injector is weeping a little bit of diesel fuel on one of the components about 1/2 inch from the head. I have tried everything I can think of to get it out including compression. I was wondering if this thing is screwed in. I haven't put too much pressure on it because I was afraid of breaking it. I've read other posts on injectors, and it seems like they are supposed to come out rather easily. Thanks for your input. I've certainly learned a lot about my engine on this forum. Sean

G

Gordon Torresen

Injector removal

The injectors generally pull out quite easily. Too bad you didn't notice the problem before you had the head off. Sometimes that's the only way to remove precombustion chambers. The injector does not screw in. They get stubborn if they have been leaking combustion gasses or if left wet with water for long periods. Wet things down with a good penetrating oil and let it sit for a while before trying to pry the injector out. About the only thin you can harm is the threaded areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.