YOUR BEING WATCHED!!!!!

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
Still have an old school XP computer and it shows on the tool bar all the interogations from google facebook and all the tracking sites each time i want to read a thread on this and other sites
Is there a way to visit this site without all the unwanted attention or is this now a cost of doing business
HATE GOOGLE FACEBOOK and all the bullshit out there today just want to read about SAILING

Gary

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
+1 for ghostery. Also you could try ublock origin, or if you're really concerned then noscript. Having said that, I might point out that your old school XP machine isn't getting security patches any more, putting you at risk from actual bad guys who could actually do you harm.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Contemporary web browsing software such as Safari and Firefox offer private browsing. While not perfect they do reduce the amount of tracking software. Websites collect a lot of information about you when you connect to them starting with the IP address you are using and the web browser that you are using. These 2 pieces of information are necessary in order for the site render properly.

But if you want to be more secure and have access to contemporary blocking software, you'll have to bite the bullet and move into the 21st century and get a Mac or Windows 10 machine and install a program like Ghostery.

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
Thks not a rant but can only get satellite internet whr we are so xp is as fast as I can receive could and will buy a new one

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Little snitch on the Mac tells everything that's going on in the background and allows you the freedom of letting it happen or telling them, as they say in the old country, to "poop off".
And the XP commentary is spot on. Nothing quite as easy to walk through as an open door - here's to hoping your bank password isn't on that box.