Yo, Steve Dion

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill O'Donovan

Last year you suggested "biocide in the fuel" to keep it clean as well as "Bio-diesel to clean the entire fuel system." My yard guy said not to put in any additives except Cetane, because skippers tend to overdo it and not follow the precise (and miniscule) amounts. Okay, I got his message and recently added Biopor JF Fuel Anti-Fungal. My questions, Steve, are: 1. By biocide did you mean Biopor? 2. What product do you mean by Bio-diesel? Thanks.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Yo O'bill.

Bill: Biopor JF Fuel Anti-Fungal is exactly what I use. I only add the recommended .25 or .50 oz. like they recommend. What we are doing of purchasing pure Soy Diesel and mixing it with our petro based diesel fuel. I like to use about 1 part soy to 2 parts diesel. They also sell a premixed 80/20 soy diesel in some outlets. (that is 80% diesel and 20% soy). The ONLY thing you need to worry about is your fuel hose and the fact that this stuff will clean up your fuel system. If you have a dirty tank, you will want to change the filter after it sits in your tank for about a week or so. For some expert advice on this subject, check out this website. The fellow that runs this company is VERY knowledgable about the product. He runs a Mercedes Diesel Stationwagon with a 100% mixture. www.cutoculture.com

Status
Not open for further replies.