Ynmr hand cranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Schwartz

We have a Hunter 30T '93 with a Yanmar 2gm20F engine. According to the manual, this engine can be hand cranked. Is this correct? How is it done? Where do I get a crank, etc.? Hand cranking would seem like a good backup in case the battery dies. Thanks, Steve S.

D

Don Riha

A solution.

I concluded the owner's manual was wrong and there was no hand crank. With a weak battery I have released the two engine compression levers, had someone crank and then tripped the levers. It allows the engine to spin easily without compression and then fire when you trip the levers.

D

Dave Bartilson

Cranky solution

I don't know if the article is specific to a certain Yanmar engine but I have and article that discusses the parts needed to adapt the yanmar 2GMF so it can be cranked. I didn't not get it from the yanmar manual but from the internet. I'd be happy to supply it to whoever wants it... dbartilson@home.com

D

Dave Bartilson

Hand crank solution

I found the note I referred to in my other note...the guys e-mail is: Rmummah@cs.com If that fails, contact me - dbartilson@home.com He includes part numbers and costs and looks like all parts are available from Yanmar. This is a great idea that I will implement if I have the boat long enough! (it's for sail :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.