Yanmar Warranty any Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Snell

I had trouble with the injectors and had to have the pump removed and fixed. It was indicated but not in writing that it would be done under warranty. I have a 37.6 and it ws a year and a half old. I have been fighting with Club Nautique who watches over my boat and Terry Mechman, the mechanic in Alameda. Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a Yanmar rep to talk to him directly. Other than the injector pump the engine is great. I also have a 29.5 and that engine is great and no problems. Thanks.

G

Yanmar

Yanmar Diesel America Corp. 951 Corporate Grove Drive Buffalo Grove, IL 60089-4508 phone 847.541.1900 fax 847.541.2161

H

hp

Yanmar dealer?

Was the repair made by a authorized Yanmar dealer? Just like a car you need to get warrenty work done by a dealer. Let us know how you make out.

D

Dave Snell

Yanmar Warranty?????

The mechanic called Yanmar adn they ok'd him to do the work. Apparantly this only meant if they covered it. The mechanic said IF they reimburse it will because of Good Will. I wish I was a car salesman and start selling cars with this kind of warranty to them and let them fight it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.