Yanmar Fuel Shutoff Cable H376/380/386

Jun 9, 2012
Hunter 380 Brunswick
The diesel fuel shutoff cable in our Hunter 380 won't pull out to shut down the engine. I was able to shut off the engine by pulling the lever on the fuel control. So far, no luck on finding a replacement cable. Does anyone know the correct replacement, where to order it, or at least have an idea how long I would need in a universal replacement?

Thanks,
Dave English
"Still the One"
Hunter 380
Brunswick, GA

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
The diesel fuel shutoff cable in our Hunter 380 won't pull out to shut down the engine. I was able to shut off the engine by pulling the lever on the fuel control. So far, no luck on finding a replacement cable. Does anyone know the correct replacement, where to order it, or at least have an idea how long I would need in a universal replacement?

Thanks,
Dave English
"Still the One"
Hunter 380
Brunswick, GA
here is the part number for the 10 ft one 104271-67550 and there is on longer but i could not find it ......there should be a yanmar shop in Savannah contact them if they dont have it contact Bells marine in Pensacola Fl and talk to charlie he will know what you need....

regards

woody

Dec 29, 2009
Hunter 380 Little Creek, Virginia Beach, VA
I replaced mine recently. Got an exact replacement that works perfectly from http://shop.toadmarinesupply.com
I don't have the part number handy...as I recall there were two choices on length...you need the longer one.
-charlie

Jun 9, 2012
Hunter 380 Brunswick
E-mailed Hunter and got a sheet showing different Teleflex universal cables. Eddie said it was 17' long. They only offer 15' and 20', so I got the 20' ordered from go2marine.com with a new bulkhead connector for the wire end. I figure I can shorten it as necessary with my Dremel tool.

Thanks,
Dave

Dec 29, 2009
Hunter 380 Little Creek, Virginia Beach, VA
Hope it works. I used a "universal" cable and I was able to make the attachment at the engine okay, but the mounting system at the handle end wasn't like the original. If yours mounts like mine you need a threaded section and lock nut to secure the cable in the opening.

Jun 9, 2012
Hunter 380 Brunswick
It does have the threaded end. I used the wrong term. It's a Teleflex "utility" cable, not a universal.

Dave