Yanmar Engine Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2008
Hunter 34 Vermilion
My Yanmar engine panel on my H34 is pretty cracked up and the fuel shutoff is missing the knob.

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement parts or a complete new panel ?

Thanks as usual,

Roy

Dec 3, 2003
Hunter Legend 37 Portsmouth, RI
AT the least, Yanmar will offer them...

...but try around. Then put an acrylic cover over the new one with a cut out for access to the keyhole and switches to protect them from the elements.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
The control panel template is a readily available

part and quite inexpensive. There are two models, one for a tachometer and the other for without one. I think I last paid $24 for one 3-4 years ago. For the knob on the shutoff cable you will need to replace the cable. Yanmar dealers are territory protected but if they don't have a dealer near you some of the larger dealers will ship an online sell to you. Google Yanmar online.

Mar 8, 2008
Hunter 34 Vermilion
Thanks ... I now ordered one

I talked with Torresen Marine and they were able to supply.
For interest the part numbers are:-

HOUSING, PANEL TYPE B
Yanmar Part Number: 128170-91010 Price Each: $ 26.08

GASKET
Yanmar Part Number: 128170-91020 Price Each: $ 6.52

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 34 Forked River, NJ
Is this panel

a direct replacement for the panel on my 1984 H 34? I have no gauges, only the tachometer, and idiot lights.

Mar 8, 2008
Hunter 34 Vermilion
Yes ....... just a tach and idiot lights

The panel now arrived and is the correct part to replace my cracked up old one.

So those parts numbers I posted are correct.

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 34 Seattle
Roy,

I replaced my shutoff cable with a generic cable for about 10$ it was slightly longer than the original but has been working flawlessly for about 5 years. Much easier pull than the old one that would sometimes get stuck.

Jun 27, 2004
Hunter 34 New Bern, NC
On my H34 the fuel shut off was routed in a very poor manner. I improved the routing by sending it between the deck and the liner, in the same route as the shift and throttle cables. Now it works a lot better. I also relocated the shutoff outside of the panel, as the panel was weakend by the amount of effort needed to shut off the fuel.
fast ed

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
I also relocated my fuel shut-off. I moved mine down below. When I am in a harbor and not sure of the security, I pull the fuel shut off and lock the cabin. Just slows the S.O.B.'s down.

Oct 10, 2008
Catalina 445 Yorktown
Steve, understand your concerns for locking the cabin with the fuel shut off cable pulled. Have you considered just placing the start battery switch to the OFF position? No "juice" and the engine won't even turn over. But then again, if they break down the door, they can have it...

Status
Not open for further replies.