Yanmar Dealer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKing

May 31, 2005
Beneteau 343 Ten Mile TN
Gang, I am in need of a knowledgeable, responsive Yanmar dealer as a source for parts and occasional information. No sailboat dealers in this part of the world so I get to make a mess of things with no one to blame. Tried Torresen who were very kind but restricted by Yanmar from selling in TN. Several calls to just a few dealers in FL & GA were not very confidence inspiring. Engine in question is a late model 2GM20F. A referral based on positive experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all and have a great day! PS> To those who would suggest...YES, I have the shop manual.(Thanks!)

Dec 3, 2003
Hunter Legend 37 Portsmouth, RI
Try Old Port Marine Services

Try Old Port Marine in Newport, RI. I hear they are the best on the East Coast. I buy all my Yanmar stuff there. www.oldportmarine.com/

Aug 9, 2005
Hunter 28.5 Palm Coast, FL
Here's the two I use in North Florida

Magistry 1-800-545-4574 Whitney 1-904-269-0027 They both have worked in the past for me. Hope this helps.

Aug 16, 2005
Prout Event and Macgregor 25 34 and 25 Key West
Yanmar dealer

Try Mack Boring in Wilmington, NC. We bought an engine from them and they rushed it to us in VA. We also heard good vibes from someone who had taken their diesel maintenance course. Where is Ten Mile? We're in Monterey, TN.

MKing

May 31, 2005
Beneteau 343 Ten Mile TN
Thanks!

Thanks for the referrals! Don, Ten Mile is located at Watts Bar Lake on the Tennessee River. Are you in Monterey storm dodging? It would be much warmer in the Keys this weekend I'm thinking...

RichH

Feb 14, 2005
Tayana 37 cutter; I20/M20 SCOWS Worton Creek, MD
Mack Boring

.. is the /master distributor for Yanmar for the eastern half of the USA. They are headquartered in NJ but have branch locations in other areas. Go to their website: http://www.mackboring.com/index.htm go to the "dealer finder" section to find the closest dealer near you. Not all sub-dealers are of the same 'value', you just have to 'shop around' through the list until you find one that is responsive, helpful, etc. If all else fails, call Mack Boring direct and ask for their 'best' (usually the largest volume) dealer in your area. Consider to buy the 'shop manual' for your 2GM so that you can identify parts, or even 'loan' it to a mechanic who does any work for you. If the mechanic has all the specs., tolerances, and recommended procedures at hand .... it usually works out 'better' and cheaper. Hope this helps.

D

dave

yanmar

marine engines in Seattle has always been real helpful to me. Wrong side of the country but they're not afraid to spend of moment on the phone to answer your questions

Jun 2, 2004
Several Catalinas C25/C320 USA
Yanmar

Yanmar corporate restricts their dealers to a specific geographical area...even for mail order. You'll have to find the correct one for your area. The Yanmar,US, phone # is:770-877-9894. I'd call them and they can tell you who you should use.

Aug 16, 2005
Prout Event and Macgregor 25 34 and 25 Key West
Dreaming of the Keys

We've retired and are shifting our land base from Florida City to Monterey (too many storms)! Our cat is on the ground in Hampstead, NC, and we're bringing our old Mac25 to TN to explore the lake & rivers (any info?) <dbottomley@frontiernet.net>

T

tom h

Pirate

I did get kicked out of college for a reason. So, why don't we, as in all the folks that send in info to this forum, do things like this: Yanmar in Michigan can't sell to Tennessee. Do we have a member in Michigan? Why couldn't the member in Tenn. post what he needs, parts wise, on a page? Then someone in Michigan contactsw him on this forum and exchanges physical addresses to use for a waypoint. That person reships it to Tenn. Problem solved. Aren't we here to help each other? I say "Go around the obsticle." Now, to the bankers out there, figure out a way to pass the money to pay for this stuff. All I can think of is the Tenn guy buys from Torrenson, sends in the check or pays online, uses another members address as the shipping to point. When that person recieves the package, he resends it after recieving the funds for the cost of the reshipping. Other than huge items like engine blocks, or whole motors, most of the packages will be able to be sent via US Post Office. Example: When I was in Miami, I bought some cheap plastic containers from WalMart (the large 18"x30"x18" ones) and loaded them up with my junk and mailed it to myself. They arrived BEFORE the UPS shipment, and unlike the UPS shipment, arrived undamaged. Pirate. Go around Yanmars policies.

S

Stan

Here's something to try.

I can honestly say that dealing with anything Yanmar related was one of the most infurating customer non service runarounds I'd ever experienced, until I discovered a little secret... after two seperate and very unsatisfactory dealings with Yanmar BS over the period of about a year I contacted a local Kubota ( sp? ) tractor dealer and asked if they could order Yanmar parts for me if I had the part numbers. They did and I recieved the parts I needed in pretty short order, and without as high a mark up as the Yanmar marine dealers would have charged me if I was in thier approved sales area. So, if you have a local Kubota dealer and know the part numbers you need I'd say give them a shot.

Jun 3, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Lake Lanier, GA
Mking

Being in Tenn. you are under the teritory of Mastry Engine Center in St Petersburg Fl. 1-800-545-4574 The closest dealers to you are; Kentucky Lake Sales Grand Rivers, KY 270-362-8201 and Inland Marine Diesel BUford, Ga 404-513-4414 Pat McCartin Inland Marine Diesel Buford, Ga imd_ga@hotmail.com

Feb 15, 2004
Hunter 37.5 Balt/Annapolis/New Bern
Well there you go...

Pat's a regular poster here so it seems that you're in good shape. If not, let us know and we can sure pile on em....;)

MKing

May 31, 2005
Beneteau 343 Ten Mile TN
Thanks All

Gentleman, many thanks for your time and suggestions. I am sure the information will save me much frustration. Tom, good plan but I packed in the crusader/gonna make everyone play fair thing some years past not to mention that I'm old, lazy and have probably killed to many brain cells to pull off a good coup without embarrassing myself... thanks anyway Don, will contact when time permits.

Status
Not open for further replies.