Yanmar customer service and website are awefull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim R.

May 27, 2004
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine
Can anyone tell me how to obtain the service bulletins for yanmar engines and transmissions? I have emailed them multiple times with no response. They do not list any phone contact info. I even tried registerring my engine but their website tells me my model/serial number combintation does not exist.

I know I can call a dealer to get this info but I prefer not to bother them for such a trivial request.

Feb 4, 2005
Catalina C-30 Mattituck, NY
Tim - have you tried Mac Boring in NJ? (908) 964-0706. They are a supplier and have a very helpful tech support line I've used many times for trouble-shooting on my Yanmar. Give them a try - my calls were very trivial and they were extremely helpful.

- Rob

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Tim: I would also suggest that you contact your master distributor regarding this type of information. They are normally very good about these issues.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Tim: you may also want to try Thorrenson in Michigan they are also helpful as well even though they can not sell to me here in Georgia(its not there area of sales)...yes they are very snooty at the corp level and as i best i can tell very serious about there dealer sales areas...if you need a parts for ayanmar you will have to buy one from a dealer ...or if you want to use the web to look for part numbers this site will work http://www.marinedieseldirect.com/c...l=2GM20F&manufacturer=Yanmar&catalog=Y00F5052

regards

woody

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
I am fortunate I guess to be in the Torresen area. I get my parts from them and I had a manual for my old 2QM. But I have never thought about service bulletins. When I did a Keyword Search on the following link I found service bulletins for Westerbekes but none for Yanmars: http://shop.torresen.com/marine_die...ude&contentsection=yanmar&contentname=manuals .

And I see that Maine is in the Torresen service area.

Tim R.

May 27, 2004
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine
I received an email from Rick at Mac Boring and he attached any applicable SB. The only one is the notice to keep the transmission in N while sailing.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
I second the notion that you can't beat having access to a helpful and knowledgable dealer. You can go down, buy the parts (filters, impellers, zincs, whatever) and bum free adivce about what gaskets, tools etc you will need to complete the job.

It's worth it to them because word gets around the dock.....

I count myself lucky that I have one near home and one near the marina.

Status
Not open for further replies.