Yanmar 4230-0100 Filter Cross-Reference?

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
My boat yard doesn't stock this filter, but they stock Racor. Anyone know the Racor part number for this one? It's a 30 micron filter element.

Thanks,

jv

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Thanks Justin!

I've been tracking it down and I think you're right, it's an R20; the S, T, or P suffix means 2, 10, and 30 micron filtration. I think I'm after the R20P, 30 micron. Make sense?

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Thanks Justin!

I've been tracking it down and I think you're right, it's an R20; the S, T, or P suffix means 2, 10, and 30 micron filtration. I think I'm after the R20P, 30 micron. Make sense?
I have no idea. I think I've read here that more filtration makes the pump work harder. I don't know what works best. Wiser men than me will post soon.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
I'm pretty sure the Yanmar part number is the 30 micron filter.

This filter setup is as-found on my boat when I bought it. There's the Yanmar water separator and filter, which is apparently a re-labeled Racor 230R, with a re-labeled R20P filter element.

Needless to say the Racor elements are more widely available, and cheaper than the Yanmar ones.

After this filter I hit the Westerbeke fuel filter, which is a much smaller, paper element filter, part number 030200. I have a vague recollection that it's a 20 micron filter, but I'm not sure.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Replacement is a Racor R20P. Yanmar is just re-branding the Racor product.
Do you happen to know the micron size filtering of the Westerbeke 030200?

That's my secondary filter. It is a tiny element. I have a couple on-hand, and will replace this weekend, together with the R20P, which my boat yard has in stock. but, I'd like to know what I have for a filtering set-up.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Do you happen to know the micron size filtering of the Westerbeke 030200?

That's my secondary filter. It is a tiny element. I have a couple on-hand, and will replace this weekend, together with the R20P, which my boat yard has in stock. but, I'd like to know what I have for a filtering set-up.
According to Joe Joyce at Westerbeke they are 15-17 micron..

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
I think if your primary filter is bigger in square area than the small 15-17 micron filter, and if the primary is easier to change as in a racor, I would run a 10 micron in the primary. In the rebranded Racor, can you put a vacuum gauge on it? This is also dependent on the condition of fuel and stuff resident in the tank.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
I think if your primary filter is bigger in square area than the small 15-17 micron filter, and if the primary is easier to change as in a racor, I would run a 10 micron in the primary. In the rebranded Racor, can you put a vacuum gauge on it? This is also dependent on the condition of fuel and stuff resident in the tank.
Thanks Mark, but everything I've read so far says to put a larger filter before the smaller one. I'll find the thread, there was a good filter thread here about 10 years ago.