Yanmar 3gmF wiring diagram?

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Herrington South, MD
I'm trying to display my 3GMF data on my Axiom 9 via an interface. I'd like to find out the actual colors of the wires from the Tach sender unit to the Tachometer.

Mar 15, 2016
Hunter 37.5 Seattle WA
Glad to help! I found it somewhere on line a few years back when I was rewiring my control panel.

Sep 30, 2017
Hunter 34 Gunpower Neck - Aberdeen, MD
I'm trying to display my 3GMF data on my Axiom 9 via an interface. I'd like to find out the actual colors of the wires from the Tach sender unit to the Tachometer.
Mike - have you already purchased the interface? I just finished a project to bring as much engine data to my NMEA2000 and NMEA0183 networks as is available. I used the Noland Engineering RS11 device, NoLand Engineering and was able to gather the following:

Tach (from engine flywheel sensor or alternator stator output)
Engine oil pressure (need an adapter for the sender)
Fresh water coolant temperature
Batt #1 Voltage
Batt #2 Voltage
Battery current (via shunt)
Engine Hours

During the project, I discovered that 1) the instrument panel analog tachometer is out of calibration, by about 40%, and 2) my alternator external regulator was broken.

This what the data looks like on my Raymarine display. There is a bit of calibration involved and you have to purchase very specific sensors, but it's not a bad project. I'm happy to share all the details of the installation and calibration if it would help you and others.

I am having a little trouble getting the data to display properly in OpenCPN. The engine data plug-in was programmed for a specific manner of NMEA engine data, which is different than the standard way my ShipModul multiplexer converts the NMEA2000 PGNs to NMEA0183 messages.

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
THANKS! I'm currently installing the RS11. I replaced the oil pressure switch and water temp switches with variable output sensors. I'll be connecting the tach pickup to the RS11 tomorrow. Did you leave the tach, and idiot lights connected? I've cut them out.

Artey1

Jul 18, 2019
Hunter 34 Oklahoma
This what the data looks like on my Raymarine display. There is a bit of calibration involved and you have to purchase very specific sensors, but it's not a bad project. I'm happy to share all the details of the installation and calibration if it would help you and others.
I would be grateful if you or Mike would share some details on sensors and other details you might have, my Tach is dead and this is a project I want to complete anyways so I would also like to tackle project this fall.

Also is there a reason you chose the NoLand RS11 over the Actisense EMU-1?

Jan 22, 2008
I'll update the forum when I've got it working. I chose the RS11 due to price. As for your tach, check the connections on the engine tach pick up. They can pull loose and the tach will stop. I'd like to see Artey's choice of sensors also.

Sep 30, 2017
I would be grateful if you or Mike would share some details on sensors and other details you might have, my Tach is dead and this is a project I want to complete anyways so I would also like to tackle project this fall.

I documented the project here. Feel free to ask any questions after reading the project

Sep 30, 2017
I'll update the forum when I've got it working. I chose the RS11 due to price. As for your tach, check the connections on the engine tach pick up. They can pull loose and the tach will stop. I'd like to see Artey's choice of sensors also.
Hi Mike, I did a write-up tonight, finally, of the project. I hope your's is working out well too. We ran into a couple issues. here is the write-up

Sep 30, 2017

I chose the NoLand RS11 because it's built by an engineering company, and after reviewing all the documentation, felt it was the product the provided the most value and fit my projects needs. I found their support to be OUTSTANDING. Keith helped by providing advice and calibration values. very good support, and fast same-day responses.

Sep 30, 2017
THANKS! I'm currently installing the RS11. I replaced the oil pressure switch and water temp switches with variable output sensors. I'll be connecting the tach pickup to the RS11 tomorrow. Did you leave the tach, and idiot lights connected? I've cut them out.
what engine are you using. Why did you opt to replace the switches? does your engine not have the extra plugs?

Sep 30, 2017
Hey Mike just checking in. How is your RS11 project going??