Yanmar 2QM15 freshwater cooled

Sep 16, 2014
Calgan Crown 34 Thunderbird marina
Gentleman/ladies I know there are years of accumulated experience out there and would like some help.
I've just bought a Crown 34 powered by a Yanmar 2QM15 that has at some stage had a sen-dure fresh water cooling conversion added.
When this was added it appears that the original over-temperature warning switch was removed and where the Yanmar service manual indicates the switch (and a zinc) should be has been replaced by a blanking plate.
This means I effectively have no overheat warning on this engine.
I would be grateful for advice and specific details as to how to fit a temp gauge (preferably third party due ridiculous Yanmar prices) and reinstate the temp switch connected to the warning light. I am not sure if there are spare ports on the engine block, if there are their locations and what thread size yanmar would use.
In a similar vein the original oil low pressure warning switch has been replaced by a pressure sender and gauge, again I would like to reinstate a warning light to run in parallel with the gauge but think that this would necessitate a "T" fitting, again are these fittings available and what thread sizes do I need, what make of oil pressure switch etc etc
Many thanks in advance for your input, James

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
The temp warning switch is Yanmar part # 127610-91340.. it is about $20. Of course, you can find an equivalent one at an auto parts shop for less.. The Yanmar switch turns on at 203 F and off at 194F, but anything close to those numbers is OK.. you can probably take the blank plate off and have it drilled and tapped for a gauge and the temp switch. I am not familiar with that fresh water cooling modification, so I don't know if they've got ports for those instruments.. There are fittings available that are essentially a short pipe splice with the switch/gauge ports in the short pipe. The hot water line to the exchanger s cut and the splice with the gauge port(s) is installed.
https://www.google.com/search?q=hos...niv&sa=X&ei=TYcZVMbMNNC5ogSLg4BY&ved=0CGAQsAQ