Yanmar 2gmf over heating after 30 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2012
Hunter H33 (limited edition cabin top) Bayou Chico
just figured this might be a good place to warn people, a neighbor of mine just had a pretty significant problem in his airconditioning and motor plumbing here in pensacola. turned out to be zebra muscles, glad to hear op got it worked out, be careful everybody.

RichH

Feb 14, 2005
Tayana 37 cutter; I20/M20 SCOWS Worton Creek, MD
just figured this might be a good place to warn people, a neighbor of mine just had a pretty significant problem in his airconditioning and motor plumbing here in pensacola. turned out to be zebra muscles, glad to hear op got it worked out, be careful everybody.
Good point about the zebra mussels, etc.
The best way to monitor for such is to 'measure' the water exhaust flow at a reference engine rpm.
Zebra mussels are now in the far northern Chesapeake Bay (varies from 'fresh water' to brackish).

Mar 6, 2012
lol im looking forward to having a real aux motor, ive been working with a 15hp honda outboard for 2 years. definitely the right choice for my inshore only boat but there have been times when i was almost ready to un-clamp it and heave-ho.

May 6, 2012
Hunter 28.5 Jordan, ON
Good point about the zebra mussels, etc.
The best way to monitor for such is to 'measure' the water exhaust flow at a reference engine rpm.
Zebra mussels are now in the far northern Chesapeake Bay (varies from 'fresh water' to brackish).
I like this idea, but it's not practical on the H28.5 (exhaust exits a few inches off the water underneath the stern). :-(

Mar 6, 2012
there should be an area that could be used to patch in a bypass hose to temporarily run the exhaust to a bucket. measure from there and monitor temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.