Yanmar 2GM20F buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2009
Dufour Classic 30 Valletta Malta
I have a yanmar 2GM20FC engine. The buzzer keeps bleeping (not constant) when I increase the revs. When I reduce the gas it stops.

Neither of the panel warning lamps are lighting up and I am sure these work since while starting the engine they light up ok and then go off as they should.

Anyone has an idea why this might be happening?

Thanks

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
I had a similar problem. The buzzer would just chirp. It turns out that the sending unit wire had come loose from the sender. I had to replace the sending unit because the connector was actually slightly detached from the sending unit.

Benny

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 320 Tampa, FL
You may be getting an electrical short. Inspect the wiring harness for chafe from control panel to engine. Wiring harness going around sharp fiberglass edges over time can cut into the harness and wires insulation causing shorts. As the boat flexes this shorts are weak and intermittent but will develop in time into real problems. If everything OK check all wires that go to the sending units as one could be brushing against ground. Good luck.

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
Pull the wires

Pull the wire off the sending units one at a time when the buzzer is chirping and see if the buzzer stops. If so then the sending unit is bad, if not then the wiring is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.