Yanmar 2GM EBay patrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Hunter 30 sd Port Canaveral, FL
Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Will, I think I would bite on that one .. then take the old starter and have a shop rebuild it.. for a spare..It probably is a copy of the Hitachi that is made in China..
The other thing is that the starter system is notorious for not running when the switch is pushed.. there are many connections and any one that has a bit of corrosion or looseness can stop the starter from running when you push the button. Is it that the starter clicks but does not turn the engine or is it slow turning or does the starter run and the engine not turn over? If you search here on Yanmar Sarter, you'll find a lot of info and one cheap fix to make it run if it is slow in engaging..

Apr 14, 2009
Hunter 30 sd Port Canaveral, FL
Thanks, that's what I was thinking also. The current starter is having Bendix prolems, it will spin but not engage. If I hit the start button a few times it kicks in.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
The Ebay starter is not much more than the cost of the Bendix..!! The Yanmar part number for the Bendix is X211415006.. That starter has a fork operated engagement from the solenoid.. so it could just need a good cleaning?? There probably is a starter rebuild shop around ya there somewhere that has a drive and it most likely would be a lot less than Yanmar It is a Hitachi part, so a shop that rebuilds Japanese starters and alternators would most likely have one. Good Luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.