Yamaha 9'dinghy answer - amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tomc938

I hope nobody minds me starting a new thread on this, but I just had to share it and make sure it was seen.

I didn't get too far on the web, so I called Yamaha Canada. They didn't handle sailboats at all, so they suggested I call Yamaha Japan and see where that got me. They didn't think that kind of thing was done there, and couldn't say how I would be received. With long-distance what it is, I made a call.

I talked to a nice young woman who spoke excellent English. Within three hours they scanned and e-mailed an old sales brochure they dug up somwhere. The resolution was excellent! What surprised me was it came with an apology that they were not able to find an owners manual. A few days later they sent 3 pages from the service manual for the boat that answered the last question I had!

The boat is a Yamaha-9 (how creative!) and was built between 1973-1979 for the Japanese market.

I can't say enough good about Yamaha customer service! They went way above and beyond...

Tom

Mar 3, 2008
Yamaha Y-36 Sandusky, Ohio
That is great, I've had really good luck when contacting them for parts. Those folks know what customer service is!

Status
Not open for further replies.