Yamaha 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2006
Beneteau 373 Mystic, CT
Nice to see the Yamaha Posts. I owned a 1980 Yamaha 33 Mk II, short rig for about 22 years based out of Mystic,Ct. Boat Name Virago. She was a wonderful boat. Strong and always a pleasure to sail. I've now moved to a new 373 Beneteau 373 as the work and contusions were taking their toll. But miss her dearly.

I have a wealth of information and experience if anyone needs any assistance.

Attachments

Jun 1, 2010
yamaha y33 hood river, or
bob. about to get my y33 under sail after a long year of year of delays on engine work, yard management change, with a winter wait out to boot. will be sailing her from portland, or area to its new home port of hood river, oregon. standing the rig this coming week. wonder if you have some ideas on optimal rig tuning. specifically tensions and mast sweep. i have a '78 short rig cruiser. engine forward. have adjustable racheted back stay. looking for speed and control. haven't been able to find resources. can you help? thanks for your efforts. i love the bennies too. how do the y33 compare to the beneteau? cheers mate.

Oct 6, 2010
Yamaha MK II Scituate MA
New owner

Nice to see the Yamaha Posts. I owned a 1980 Yamaha 33 Mk II, short rig for about 22 years based out of Mystic,Ct. Boat Name Virago. She was a wonderful boat. Strong and always a pleasure to sail. I've now moved to a new 373 Beneteau 373 as the work and contusions were taking their toll. But miss her dearly.

Hello Bob,

I am the new owner of Virago and I have sailed her to Scituate MA and she is on my mooring. I would like to talk with you about the boat.

George Sherman
georgesherman@comacast.net

Jun 20, 2009
Yamaha 25, 33, 37 San Diego
Bob:

I would like to talk with you regarding the Yamaha 37 I now own and the upgrades I am and plan to make.

Please email me directly if you will: edserra@cox.net.

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards,

Ed Serra
Sarah V
Yamaha 37

Oct 23, 2010
Yamaha 33 prisoner of the boatyard
Yamaha 32/33

Hey guys,

I'm about to bid on a mysterious looking Yamaha xx on a trailer. :troll:
Where is the data plate/model number/serial number on these boats?

It measures 32 feet total and was advertised by the broker as a 1975 32'. But on Sailboatdata(dot)com, they only show Yamaha 30 and 33 footers. The beam on this thing measures about seven feet by my ruler. It has a really short fin keel and only two winches which makes me wonder if some parts are missing. I'll try to post a picture of it tomorrow.

Thanks

KY

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Mystery Boat

Greetings,

Have a look on the transom. There will be a serial number for the hull, and that shows what the length of the boat is. I don't know of shoal draft Yamahas, but that doesn't mean they didn't try it. I get the impression that they built a lot of one-off boats(the elusive 40 and 41 being two examples).

Also, look for a nameplate on the inside of the cockpit. On mine, it's a sticker which is coming loose after only 25 years. Cheap.

Regards,
Bob
yamahasailboats.org

Hey guys,

I'm about to bid on a mysterious looking Yamaha xx on a trailer. :troll:
Where is the data plate/model number/serial number on these boats?

It measures 32 feet total and was advertised by the broker as a 1975 32'. But on Sailboatdata(dot)com, they only show Yamaha 30 and 33 footers. The beam on this thing measures about seven feet by my ruler. It has a really short fin keel and only two winches which makes me wonder if some parts are missing. I'll try to post a picture of it tomorrow.

Thanks

KY

Mar 23, 2011
Santana 30 Vancouver

Hello Bob:
I have seen a recent ad for a 1980 Y33 - here's the link: http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...access=Public&listing_id=74997&url=&imc=pg-fs
But I have never seen a Y33 at this price - would you mind having a look and letting me know what you think. Is this one of these "if it seems too good to be true ......" and so on
Hope this message gets to you.
Alan

Ben V

Mar 26, 2009
2 33 Tall Rig West Van
Hello Bob:
I have seen a recent ad for a 1980 Y33 - here's the link: http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...access=Public&listing_id=74997&url=&imc=pg-fs
But I have never seen a Y33 at this price - would you mind having a look and letting me know what you think. Is this one of these "if it seems too good to be true ......" and so on
Hope this message gets to you.
Alan
Alan,
The price would be correct. My Y33 was $29K It needed some work on the windows but worth it.

Ben V

Oct 6, 2010
Yamaha MK II Scituate MA
email correction

I posted the note about being the new owner of Virago but it had a typo in my email address.

Bob Ma I am the new owner of Virago and I have sailed her to Scituate MA and she is on my mooring. I would like to talk with you about the boat. George Sherman [EMAIL="georgesherman@comcast.net" said:
georgesherman@comcast.net[/EMAIL]

ck;719007]Nice to see the Yamaha Posts. I owned a 1980 Yamaha 33 Mk II, short rig for about 22 years based out of Mystic,Ct. Boat Name Virago. She was a wonderful boat. Strong and always a pleasure to sail. I've now moved to a new 373 Beneteau 373 as the work and contusions were taking their toll. But miss her dearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.