Y2K at Nippers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Bass

We had given up on crossing over to the Abacos for the big Y2K party at Nippers when the 1200 hours weather report on 12/27 improved. We decided to go for it and we left the fuel dock at Harbour Town Marina, Ft. Pierce, at 2000 hours. The crossing was not too bad, 5-7 feet with an occasional bigger wave all from the port stern quarter. Out of the crew of four and Splat the Cat, only the Captain and Splat avoided feeling ill. We crossed over onto the bank at Memory Rock at 0630 and kept on going to Great Sale for the night. We arrived at Bakers Bay the following day in time to launch the dinghy before dark. The party at Nippers was great with loads of fireworks out over the reef and dancing on the tables. We left at 0200 and the party was still cranking. Johnny couldn't open the next day. We then caught the Junkanoo on Green Turtle on 1/1. Everyone should experience at least one of these. They seem to go on and on and on and on. We left Green Turtle at 0800 on 1/2 and arrived at Memory Rock at 1000, anchoring for a few hours so we could cross the stream in the daylight (for fishing). This was the first time I used the autopilot to turn waypoints and it worked great. I had a route from Green Turtle to Ft. Pierce and the only time I touched the wheel was to anchor at Memory Rock. We arrived back at Ft. Pierce at 1430 hours on 1/3. A round trip to the Abacos with three days of partying on a sailboat!!! Not bad. Of course, I have started to think of Toucan Dream as a trawler with a woody. Bob, Caron & Splat the Cat S/V Toucan Dream <:}}}><

P

Paul Bednarzyk

New Years Party

WAY TO GO BOB! I am glad to hear you had a wonderful New Years celebration. Will talk to you more in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, may the winds be fair and the beer cold. Paul Bednarzyk S/V Knot Again

Status
Not open for further replies.