Xcite vs. Hobie Bravo vs. Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ron Mehringer

I'm looking at the Xcite, Bravo or Escape to have around to teach my daughters how to sail and to play with myself. The girls are 14 and 11. The best feature of the Xcite is the ACP hull. But, it's kind of small and doesn't have a roller furling main. I really like the idea of a roller furling main to adapt to any wind situation on the fly and for easy stowing at the end of the day. The Escapes (Mango & Rhumba) and Hobie Bravo have it. But both of these boats have roto-molded polyethylene hulls. Which is fine, but just can't compare to ACP. Unfortunately (for Hunter) I'd put the Xcite at the bottom of my list right now. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

B

Bobby McCullough

I've had a 140 for 3 years

I have enjoyed learning to sail on it but wish now I'd bought something used because its time for a bigger boat. Can't tell you much about roller furling for the main, sounds nice, you never know. My 140 has jib roller furling but its pretty useless on this model. If you are planning on something to learn on and then sell, I'd buy the least expensive. If you are looking for something to keep, durability is your goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.