Wychmere Harbor Harwich Ma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2011
Oday 272le chatham ma
I am moving my boat to Wychmere Harbor this season. I was wondering if any of our readers keep their boat there. Is there any kind of launch service or must you use a dinghy. Is there a place to leave a dinghy? What is the parking situation? I will be moored in the outer harbor. Any advice would be welcome.

ldube

May 4, 2012
O'Day 25 & Daysailer 3 Westport, Massachusetts
Westport, Mass.

I am moving my boat to Wychmere Harbor this season. I was wondering if any of our readers keep their boat there. Is there any kind of launch service or must you use a dinghy. Is there a place to leave a dinghy? What is the parking situation? I will be moored in the outer harbor. Any advice would be welcome.
Not there. I am new to sailing and picked up an ODay 25. Will keep at WYC in. The river.
Leo

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
I think Wychmere Harbor does have a launch service, but it would be worth checking with the Yacht Club and Harwichport Boat Works. I know there is a float on one side of the inner harbor where I have seen dinghies tied up, there is a parking lot there but I don't know the exact rules for parking (It never seems to have more than a few cars when I've been there.)
My 2007 Edition of the MAPTECH Embassy Guide lists Harwichport Boat Works as having both a dinghy dock and launch service. I'd stil lverify with them on that.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
Not there. I am new to sailing and picked up an ODay 25. Will keep at WYC in. The river.
Leo
Leo, the Wesport River has a pretty strong current, be sure your outboard is working well. That is a nice location though, F.L. Tripp & Sons used to be a dealer for O'DAY (and some of the mid-1980's brochure pics were taken in Wesport) so they should be able to help if you need advice. Also, Westport is not far from D&R Marine so if you need parts or more advice...take a ride up there on a Saturday morning.

May 7, 2006
Catalina 28 Mark 1 New Bern
Wychmere harbor

Why dont you call the harbormaster I am sure they will be able to give yo accurate information. Here is his number (508)430-753 Also they have a pretty good website that will answer your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.