Wuwhoya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
wuwhoya ,

I just saw your picture of sailing near Cape Lookout. Great picture.

Do you have more pictures of area? Where do you keep your boat? Were you inside or out? Tell us more...

wuwhoya said, "Headed out for an overnight at Cape Lookout for some windsurfing in the bite."

Do you have a map or diagram of where you are talking about?

Ed K
Little River, South Carolina, USA

Attachments

Dec 12, 2011
Oday 25 Morehead City
Ed, sorry for the slow reply, I've had to place the sailboat on the back burner for the past month. I'm finally getting around to addressing my winter to-do list and saw your post on here. I have a few other pictures of the area and some charts with the bite but they are on my main computer back home. I'll try to upload them soon. That picture was taken outside the bite on the way in. We managed to stay on one tack from the port terminal all the way to the bite, which made for an easy and relaxed sail. You can also usually catch some Spanish during the sail out. I keep my boat in Morehead, out of the water. During the season, I have a bouey in front of my house, but I try to get her out of the water for the winter. Are you planning on doing some sailing in the area? It's a great spot and I'd love to help if possible

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Ed, sorry for the slow reply, I've had to place the sailboat on the back burner for the past month. I'm finally getting around to addressing my winter to-do list and saw your post on here. I have a few other pictures of the area and some charts with the bite but they are on my main computer back home. I'll try to upload them soon. That picture was taken outside the bite on the way in. We managed to stay on one tack from the port terminal all the way to the bite, which made for an easy and relaxed sail. You can also usually catch some Spanish during the sail out. I keep my boat in Morehead, out of the water. During the season, I have a bouey in front of my house, but I try to get her out of the water for the winter. Are you planning on doing some sailing in the area? It's a great spot and I'd love to help if possible
- - - - // - - - -

Actually I live and sail in South Carolina. However, I have been to Morehead City and Beaufort many times. I have taken ferry from Harkers Island to Cape Lookout several times.

Yes, I would like to sail and anchor behind the lighthouse. Maybe this year or next.

My boat draws four feet. So I would like to get and keep local inforation about the area. I know that most of the water in your area is skinny.

I have stayed at Town Creek Marina in Beaufort and had dinner at their Restaurant last summer. Good people at the marina and nice restaurant, not over priced and good food and service. If you ever need service, I would recommend them.

I will wait for your pictures.

Ed K

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.