WTB: O'Day 222

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay Poe

Greetings, Looking to purchase an O'Day 222 with a trailer. I am located in NJ but willing to travel for the right boat. Thanks, JP

T

Trevor - SailboatOwners.com

Odays for sale

I found an OD222 listed on this site located in NY, as well as several others in other regions. Take a look at the Related link below. Have fun! Trevor

J

Jay Poe

Trying to find one.

Seems all have something wrong or missing. Having a hard time communicating with one broker in NY. Boat must be a wreck. E-mailed a lot....called a lot......no response. Two I have found are in good shape but have no trailer. If I buy one in good shape for $5000 and have to get a trailer ($2000) I have spent $7000 and still have to get a new main ($800) then fix or replace an old outboard ( $1000+) and that’s just a start......The saying that a boat is a big hole in the water you throw money into is proving true. Guess I am asking to much....should just buck down and buy a newer Precision 21 for around $12000! Uhgh

T

Trevor - SailboatOwners.com

True, boats need expensive stuff

Hi Jay - I feel your pain, believe me. My list is a mile long. But try not to get discouraged; figure what you absolutely need to get out sailing and prioritize the remainder of the list. You don't need to get it all at once! Enjoy shopping! Trevor

D

Dale Stone

Growing List

I bought one this past January. Love the lines and expect this to sail well in light air. My list is growing, however the top priority is replacing the chain plates. I may replace the bulkheads while I'm at it. Does not look to be a huge job. I like the Precision line. Looks similar to the 222. If I had the $$$ for a P21, I would spend a little more, (relatively speaking), and buy the P23. Good luck, Dale

J

Jay Poe

Let me know

Robert, I would be interested if you intend to buy soon. I am looking at a few boats in the next week or so. If I dont own a boat by the middle of next month I am going to buy........I dont know........a fish tank(joking). What is the condition of your 222, it's sails and rigging? Waht is included in tha sale? What trailer did you buy? Are you looking at a bigger O'Day? Thanks, JP

R

Robert Davis

Re: Let me know

Condition overall I think is very good. Very clean boat. The sails I believe are the original sails, but are in good condition. Rigging is in good shape. The marine where I keep it replaced 2 side stays last year when I put it in without me knowing, so i beleive they checked everything out for me. The only thing that is not included is the coast guard supplies, because I boat all new supplies when I sold my old boat, so I do not want to buy all new stuff again. What is included is boat, 3 sails (main, jib, genoa), 9.9 outboard motor (electric start), battery (new last year), and Trailer made by Triad Trailers (single axle with surge brakes). Price I really have not thought about yet because I was not ready on selling it yet. I was waiting till I found another O'day (27 or 30). I could take pictures if you want, I just have to take the cover off which I was going to do soon anyway. Here's my email rdavis44@verizon.net Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.