Would Poli-glo help on Gray color gelcoat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have an O'Day 240 1989 with gray gelcoat would this help me cleaning it and making it shine almost like new? There is chalky residue on the hull. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Alan

F

Frank Conley

Worked Great On My 272

Alan, I applied Poli-glo to my 272 hull this past spring while it was on the hard. My hull color is off-white with a blue stripe and it was also quite chalky (oxidized). Follow the directions closely, the cleaner goes on easily and gets rid of the oxidization. I also carefully used 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper on any troublesome stains. I then applied five/six coats of the poli-glo working in 5 ft sections. Apply the first coat in a side to side direction, give it one minute to dry, then apply the next coat in a top to bottom direction, and so forth until you have on all coats in that 5 foot panel. It doesn't take as long as it sounds and there is no heavy rubbing needed in either process. Sort of like putting on vinyl floor wax, try and avoid any streaking or air bubbles. I couldn't be more pleased with the shine and it looks as good today as when I applied it in March. I plan to add two coats when I pull the boat this fall and two more when I put it in next spring. Good luck, Frank

D

Dan Ulrich

Grey Gelcoat (Alan)

Alan: Actually customer feedback reports that the results are even more dramatic with colored gelcoat. Deepened color saturation for example. Just be sure you get the hull as clean as possible prior to the Poli Glow application. The previous post did it right! Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.