Worst holding tank install ever

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Maybe that bucket is the fresh water…and who knows where that green hose goes :yikes:

Greg

JBP-PA

Apr 29, 2022
Jeanneau Tonic 23 Erie, PA
One would assume the green is overboard discharge. Perhaps the owner wanted to sail somewhere holding tanks are required, so it fits the bill for a short term solution and can be easily removed.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I strongly suspect the "holding tank" was just for "show" and was never used, cuz there's no sign of a vent on it....every flush into it would increasingly pressurize it, with very interesting results!. No sign of any way to empty it except by carrying off the boat... 5 gal. of sewage weighs a bit over 30 lbs...a bit much to to do that. So I'm guessing JBP is right--the green hose flushes the toilet directly overboard.
Does that bucket meet ABYC or any other standards? No. But it is a LEGAL Type III MSD because it "receives an stores sewage, but does not discharge it."

Btw, it's not the worst worst holding tank installation ever...I've seen some that would rival Chernobyl!

--Peggie

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
every flush into it would increasingly pressurize it, with very interesting results!
I had the same thought, unless the seam around the hose isn’t airtight. But in that case I suspect the user would realize quickly why a normal holding tank is vented overboard, not into the cabin. :yikes:

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
After judiciously studying the arrangement of hoses and assorted whatnot, I have come to the conclusion that the white bucket is a holding tank, and, as there is no macerator pump in sight, when the white bucket becomes full, it's sealed up and shipped to various people who the boat seller feels have wronged him in some way over the years. :cuss:

NOTE : do not supply a return address on the bucket.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Im thinking that motorboater that every marina has that creates huge wakes
I'm thinking that the owner of that marginal sewage system could offer his collection and shipping services for a fee. I believe these people are called "entrepreneurs. "