Wood trim for my Catalina 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff Cantwell

I am trying to find a couple things for my 91 Catalina 30. I need to replace some of the exterior wood trim, but don't know where to find this. I also need to replace the plastic-covered insulation on my icebox lid. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I tried Catalina Direct, but didn't see anything listed (I'm waiting for a response from them, too).

J

Joe Wilbur

Insulation replacement

I had the same problem. I ordered new plastic insulation tubs from Catalina Direct. They are hollow tubs that I filled with expanding foam insulation that I bought at Home Depot. After the foam expanded and dried (about 48 hours), I cut off the excess and then just mounted the tubs on the wood icebox hatch.

J

John

catalina has it

I no guys that have found the wood parts at catalina for the36 30 & 27 but it was more bucks then i wanted to spend .I made mine from mohogany and use sitkins on it.Why are you changeing your wood ? The teak lasts a long time.Mine was very sun beaten and i took it off and ran it thru a power plane. (no sanding)The wood looked new and was better then you could buy now. I have a good power plan and I im more then handy with tools and wood but a regular guy could walk into a stair shop and ask if they would plane the parts .I even run the grab rails thru.I have a refit going on my boat now and i am thinking of getting the ss rails for my 88C30 but i like the look of the wood John

Status
Not open for further replies.