wood in lay in the cabin floor of my hunter 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brad Lockwood

I need to replace the wood inlay in the floor of my hunter 26 I am looking for the precut wood piece it doesnt have to be teak Marine ply is OK any information would be helpfull. my e-mail is bradlockwood@aol.com

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Brad, I could be wrong here but

I don't believe that you will find a place that says "of course we have replacement wooden parts for you boat". Just pick out what you want. I think that the reality is that you will be able to find someone that can cut a piece that will meet your needs. Look to the full service lumber yards and ask.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Call Hunter Marine

I beleive all of the mill work was done by a computer. They can pull up the file and cut one out real quick.

C

Carl

Wood Inlay

Brad I'm a carpenter and coud make you an inlay in my shop. If you are interested contact me.My e-mail is suppo@dp.net or my home phone is 724-929-2818 . Carl

H

Harvey

Been there, done that

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Check with Hunter, they may actually have a pre-cut piece of teak with the holly strips ready to go. Gluing in something that fits is a lot easier than fitting and preparing from scratch. You can put the time you save to good use putting on a few coats of varnish!

J

J. R. Setser

Hunter has it

We had a fire aboard in early 2005. The floor was water damaged and needed to be replaced. I called Hunter and they ordered and shipped it to my home. Not much work to have it made, took about three weeks from order to delivery. It is an exact Teak and Holly pattern made by the original supplier. If I remember the cost was abou $300.00 with shipping. Hope this helps. J. R. Setser S/V Lifetimestoo 1998 Hunter 26

Status
Not open for further replies.