Wood finish inside our 1980 H27

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wade

What is the finish on the original wood work/panels on the 1980 H27? I need to bring back the worn finish on the panel behind the head. Also, has anyone put a door of any type on the hanging storage in the head? Thanks in advance for any replys.

T

Tom M.

TEAK VERNIER and YES

If your interior is looking shabby, go to home pepot or lowes and check out their stain/ sealers, such as minwax, but bring along a piece of your teak that is clean, for matching, afterwards if you care to varnish, then knock yourself out, if you have any stains, they can be bleached out, but bleach ythe whole panel for consistancy. I added a shower to my 27 footer, added 2 teak & smoked plexi doors, WHY 2, I got rid of those 3 tiny drawers opened it up (1/2 height) of my hanger, and made 2 large clothing comparments, I also added a fold down teak seat over the bowl, etc; there's a lot you can do to enhance the 27, and CAN should be underlined, whereas you can't on other boats.

W

Wade

Mods to your H27

Hello again Tom, I recieved the drawings of the dodger that you sent to me. It is on our list as a July project. I will send you a picture of it when we have it installed. Sounds li you have done a lot to your H27. We just got ours late last season and we are still looking at what could/should be done to make it more usable as a weekend family cruiser. Sounds like with all the custom work that you have done, you should start your own web page to show off your handy work and your great ideas. If you are ever back up here in your old stomping grounds, drop me a line at " wade.hartmann@hotmail.com ".

J

Jack Laird

I'm impressed

Sounds like your h27 is a handy mans dream. Please, I would to have more info on your projects. They sound just like what the Doctor ordered. My email is jlaird237@aol.com. Can't say how nice it is to hear of a h27 owner with a great immigination. Thanks

J

Jim Rice

Cetol again!

We used the matte finish Cetol on our interior wood (had it anyway from doing exterior wood) and it really did the trick. Used a good cleaner on the interior wood, a light sanding on the cabin sole and slapped a couple of coats on the interior wood that had faded from the sun (mostly around the companionway). It looks good, is well protected, and has worn well.

G

Gary E.

How to put in a shower in the 27 '

How did you complete the project of installing a shower in to your 27' Hunter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.