wobbly dinette table

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ernie Luboff

removehtml]I have a 1988 Catalina 38 sailboat with a very wobbly dinette table. It is tilted to one side and is not very sturdy. The big plastic black knob that tightens the top of the table to the pedestal, is as tight as I can get it, but not only does this not take care of the tilting problem, but when it's that tight, I'm unable to pivot the table top or swing it out of the way to get in and out of the sitting position. I don't know what parts (if any) are missing possibly, that are causing this problem, but now the big plastic knob underneath that snugs things up to the pedestal is pushing the two metal parts together. Maybe things have been worn down, or overtightened through the years, but I can't seem to figure out what can be done to rectify this issue. Needless to say, due to the design of the table, with the pedestal being offset to allow the table to telescope down and become a berth, it has compromised the integrity of the table, thus allowing this problem to occur. If anyone else has had this problem, I would love to hear any ideas or suggestions as to where I can get parts or fix my slanting table. Thank you. ErnieError: Error: expected [/URL], but found [/removehtml] instead[/removehtml]

Feb 12, 2004
- - Stingray Point, Va
Wobbly Table

Common Catalina problem. Is the problem isolated to the metal spider that the table top mounts to or is the post itself unstable? If it just the spider, they can be rebuilt. Call Catalina Parts and talk with them, they can probably provide what you need to fix it. Edit: I just noticed where you live. It might be easier to take the table top or spider to the factory rather than discussing on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.