wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roger

the lights on my mast dont work and i have tried to find the wiring and cant. so i think i will just rewire the lights on the mast by drilling a hole at the base of the mast and again in the cabin roof. does anybody think this is a bad idea?

K

Keith

wires

I am not sure what year your 30 is but on the 88 model that I used to own, the wires went through the deck under the mast. The big square wooden support post that runs from the ceiling to the floor that is directly under the mast (mast support) is hollow and the wires ran down that and out under the floor through a tube that you have to look into the bilge to find. I would try to look again before drilling holes in the deck. Hope this helps some.

G

Gene Foraker

Mast wiring on C30

My previous 1984 C30 had the halyards inside the mast. At the base of the mast on the starboard side is an opening with two blocks. You can remove the unit easily to access the wiring inside the mast. There is a 4 wire plug you can pull out through the opening and unplug to check current. One contact is ground and the others are steaming, anchor and spreader lights. Turn on the switches to all and check with a voltmeter to see if voltage goes to all wires. If so, the problem is higher up. Sometimes this plug has corrosion, so lightly sand the contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.