wiring for mast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2009
Catalina 30 great neck, ny
Does anyone know the route of the anchor lightg from the panel to ithe base of the mast? The boat was rewired by the prior owner who admitted to me that he did not change that wire. The anchor light does not work but I believe that the bulb is good and the mast is rewired but I don't want to step the mast this season so I am trying to determine if I can find the line and wire anew from the switch on the panel.

jrowan

Mar 5, 2011
O'Day 35 Severn River, Mobjack Bay, Va.
I believe that you can see the wiring where it enters the cabin through the deck, & it then follows along the bulkhead next to the head. But if the light doesn't work due to a failed wire connection, then it is most likely loose at the light fixture socket connection. You would have to remove the light at the mast to inspect the wiring connection. It is likely frayed or corroded at the screw terminals. If you can get a clean electrical connection the replacing the wire may be unnecessary. Every light failure I've ever had has been the connection to the fixture itself, where it is exposed to corrosion. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.