Wiring diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdanza

Sep 30, 2009
Catalina 22 Visalia, Ca
I just acuired a 1970 (?) C22, and the wiring from the fuse panel to where ever looks like it has been tripped over and fixed, then tripped over and sort of fixed. I read about the bow light wiring issues and problems of wires in the fiberglass. Does anyone have schematic for the wiring, including a charging system and ideas on how to do it right, once... but no more than three times...

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I'm not sure if the C22s ever came with wiring diagrams. If you go to the C22 Association website (www.catalina22.com or .org) they may have one in the manual. If not, the C25 Association Manual should have some, since they're pretty much the same wiring-wise, although with less circuits, as I recall; C25: http://catalina-capri-25s.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3

The charger is usually connected directly to the battery bank, so usually doesn't show up on a wiring diagram for a boat as "basic" as a C22.

gdanza

Sep 30, 2009
Catalina 22 Visalia, Ca
Thanks for the link! The boat came with a 25 year old Kraco stereo, and nothing else, but I am looking to rig the lights inside and out, and set up a radio for communication. I am new to boats big enough to stand up in, want to make it safe on the lakes around here, and maybe for some bay excursions. There are no instuments of any kind on board. What are things considered "neccessary" for communications and general sailing safety? Fish finder/depth meter? 2 way radio? One or two batteries? Thanks again!

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
C22

The original boats came with one battery. If you get a handheld VHF and don't use your lights all night, then one battery should suffice. We used to use a battery powered table lamp, too. A small solar panel will be a good way to charge it during the week rather than spending the $$ on a charger. As far as instruments, depends on where you're sailing. We had none here on SF Bay or on Clear Lake and never missed it. If you're in Mississippi then you should consider one.

May 23, 2007
Catalina Capri 22 Albany, Oregon
If you do put lights in the cabin I recommend going with LED's. I bought replacements that look exactly like the ones that came with my Capri 22 from Catalina Direct and they weren't too expensive.

gdanza

Sep 30, 2009
Catalina 22 Visalia, Ca
That is a good idea. I got a cool ring of LED lights at Costo that opens and latches around a picnic table umbrella pole, that I use in our tent. best $12 I ever spent at Costco. I like the idea of a solar panel, too, because you don't need a long extention cord or to remember to plug it in.
Thanks for the help and wisdom!

Status
Not open for further replies.