wiring colour code

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rick

We have a 1981 Yamaha 33 with rear engine. The boat acme with a Yamaha Owners manual, but I believe it's supposed to be for the front engine version.

I have two problems

The bilge blower has stopped working. I have checked an inline fuse near the engine control panel but it is fine. Some of the gauge lights have stopped working (I think). We have owned the boat since April. I believe I have located wiring to the bilge blower but I don't want to have to unscrew all of the aft bulkheads or remove the propane locker and skinny in. If a colour coded wiring diagram was available for the rear engine Yamaha 3 I would appreciate a copy.

I want to install a electric bilge pump. There is a fused switch for a bilge pump the wiring exits the panel and then leaves to various areas of the boat. I could try to run new wire (probably easiest) but was wondering again about a wiring diagram with colour code.

Thanks,

Rick

timbo

Jan 5, 2006
- - Sidney
Y33 wiring

I also have a rear engine Y33 and I have the owner's manual. If you still need it I can send you scanned copies of the relevant pages. If you'd like the whole manual, go to www.yamahasailboats.org and request the digital copy of the Y33 manual (I had scanned and emailed them a copy of the manual a couple of years ago)

ps. I also have a Yanmar owner's manual, so you can see the wiring diagram for that, as well as when the warning lights are supposed to work ( they aren't all supposed to come on when you start the engine)

Last edited:

Rick B

Nov 14, 2008
- - -
Re: Y33 wiring

Thank You!

I will ask for a digital copy. I also have the Yanmar service manual. I wasn't clear. The red "idiot" lights do what they are supposed to and the buzzers are fine, its the actual night illumination for some of the gauges that is not working. I thought night illumination was working on the fuel gauge and hour meter before the blower stopped. I need to spend some more time sorting this out. I believe the rear engine manual will help. Thank You again.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.