Wiring a float switch B311

Mar 24, 2013
Beneteau 311 Middle River
Starting to install a Water Witch float switch, but unable to determine the best way to run wires to the panel box. All ideas are welcome, thanks for any and all help.

Jan 12, 2016
Beneteau 311 Seattle, WA
Starting to install a Water Witch float switch, but unable to determine the best way to run wires to the panel box. All ideas are welcome, thanks for any and all help.
Where is the switch going to be? In the lowest bilge under the center table? You could take it out of the bilge up under the seat into the storage area and back along to the icebox, then back behind that up to the panel. Assuming your layout is the same as the 2000 311 I have...

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Not sure about the 311, but the pump on the 323 is behind the starboard settee. There is a junction box there where the pump circuit is joined by the wire from the shower drain switch in the head. It's a short run from there to the low point in the bilge. The power comes from the circuit breaker panel.

Mar 24, 2013
Beneteau 311 Middle River
Steve, yes switch is going under the table. I tried to follow the bilge hose but could not get a flex able steel wire back to the panel box, to be able to pull wire through. Am I understanding correctly, drill hole through the base of settee then again at the side next to refrigerator? Thanks for your insights, craig

Jan 12, 2016
Beneteau 311 Seattle, WA
Steve, yes switch is going under the table. I tried to follow the bilge hose but could not get a flex able steel wire back to the panel box, to be able to pull wire through. Am I understanding correctly, drill hole through the base of settee then again at the side next to refrigerator? Thanks for your insights, craig
I didn't do this work - the previous owner did - but he did run a wire from that area up to the settee area, drilled a hole through and into the storage area, and ran the cable from there. I can't remember if there is a gap or something near there, but you'd have to make sure the floor board doesn't crush the cable. If you go towards the stern right near the fridge, I was able to run something near the outside corner of the fridge and there's already a hole to pass things through.

woodster brings up a good point - watch the cooling coils.