Winter Project - More usable space in Galley

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Durrett

There is never enough space in the galley. I have just installed a 24" x 10" drop leaf shelf to extend the usable galley space. The entire project including stainless hinge and spool rail was less than $40. I have posted a picture of the finished product. I will post the before and after in the Photo Gallery if anyone is interested. DirtyJIM "Windancer"

Attachments

G

Glenn Bollin

Nice Project Jim

Plus I can also say "I'm doing it just for you honey!" Glenn WindWisp 26.5 Hunter

F

Frank Ladd

Gonna do that one for myself.

What a great idea. I'll be doing that this year. And I'll be doing it for myself since I try to do most of the cooking aboard. Hope I can do it half as well as you. Do you have a parts list? Frank

J

Jim Durrett

Parts list for - drop leaf Galley shelf

In response to Frank, I used the following materials for the project. 1. one prefinished formica clad 10"X 24" shelf from any building material store. ($6.00) 2. One 48" decorative oak spool rail and a 24" (one inch square) oak flat stock from any building supply ($12.00) 3. one l 1/16" continuous hinge stainless form any marine supply to be used with #8, 3/4" phillips tapping flathead screws ($24.00 with screws 4. A 6" x 6" poplar or oak stock, one inch thick ($3.00) for the folding drop leaf support which folds under the one inch oak stock which the shelf is directly attached. The one inch oak stock is attached to the fiberglass galley pedistal with counter-sunk #12 1 1/2" stainless Phillips Oval tapping screws. The Oak Spool rail was stained light walnut and prefinined with some marine varnish that I had on the shelf and attached to the shelf by countersinking and through bolting with Seven 1 1/2" number 10 stainless Phillips head machine screws. Good luck on the project. It took me a total of about six hours actual time. If any of you have any further questions please contact me at "dirtyjim@charter.net" Have fun --- Dirty JIM Windancer

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.