winter c-22 project buddies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike masserant

I an going to do indoor projects this winter, and have some experience but could use a hand with the keel work. I would then offer my help(i have some experience) on your boat. if you live in the greater detroit/toledo areas. can call me also at 734-276-4349.

Attachments

B

Bugsboat

Up on Jack Stands

I put my 1990 Catalina 22 up on jack stands this past fall. I wanted to take the keel off the boat to make my repairs. Once the boat was on the jack stands, I found a small trailer, 3x7 and built right and left frames for the keel to sit between on the trailer. With the trailer under the keel, I used the winch to lower the aft end of the keel onto the trailer and used a floor jack to lower the forward end down. The keel bolts were in good shape, so I did not have any trouble getting those out. I took the keel to a someone local and had them sand blast and shoot with a primer epoxy. I know have the keel in my garage and using West System and Interprotect 2000 to finish the keel. You will have to use Interprotect 2000 or Primicon to protect the keel from the bottom paint. Anti fouling paint has a copper copolymer that reacts with the iron and creates a battery acid reaction. When using a barrier coat between the iron and the anti fouling paint, you will reduce your work load over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.