Windows on my Cat 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
I have noticed that one of the windows in my 1990 Catalina 30 seems to leak a little. I found the problem (a screw hole is stripped out). I know that I need to fix it by drilling out the old hole, placing epoxy in it, and then re-tapping it. My question is what should I use as bedding for the screw? Other question: I have noticed that if I use a hose on my windows (these are the tinted plexiglass windows and not the opening ports) when I clean my boats that the windows will allow a little water to come in (this doesn't happen when it rains). This is only when I really have the water pressure going in a hard stream. This makes me think that I will need to, in the future, take all the screws out of the windows and re-seal the windows. How big of a job is this? What should I use to seal the plexiglass? What should I use to re-bed the screws? Any information is greatly appreciated!

Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 30mkIII Elk Rapids, MI.
Ports

Hi BO; When I reset one of my opening ports, I just used silicone to bed the frame back to the hull. Remove the excess on the exterior before it completely cures and if done correctly, it should last for 10 to 15 years. I have never needed to reset a fixed port, but silicone should work there also. Fair winds Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.