Windlass for Catalina 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2009
Catalina 30 Mk 1, #3335 Midland, Ontario
I'm interested in installing a windlass, a low-profile style, on my Catalina 30 Mk I. Currently I use a 40 lb Bruce with 50 feet of 3/8ths chain, too much for my aging back to haul by hand. It is more anchor than I need and I will down-size to an appropriate size when I get the windlass chosen and increase chain length. I sail Georgian Bay which can flash up bad and fast. I'm pretty sure I'll need to build a brace for under the anchor locker lid to secure the windlass to and am hoping someone already has done this. Thanks.
Norm

FredB

Dec 8, 2009
Catalina 30 Orange Park
I'm interested in installing a windlass, a low-profile style, on my Catalina 30 Mk I. Currently I use a 40 lb Bruce with 50 feet of 3/8ths chain, too much for my aging back to haul by hand. It is more anchor than I need and I will down-size to an appropriate size when I get the windlass chosen and increase chain length. I sail Georgian Bay which can flash up bad and fast. I'm pretty sure I'll need to build a brace for under the anchor locker lid to secure the windlass to and am hoping someone already has done this. Thanks.
Norm
I'm hoping to find the same think for my 1987 MK II!

Status
Not open for further replies.