Winch on mast

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brad Jones

To mount a winch on the mast with a teak block, how do I fasten to the mast. Do I run the winch bolts into tapped bolts into the mast? My mast is about 3/16" thick (Kenyon)on an O'day 26, 1985.

G

Greg Stebbins

Might be easer.......

Brad, It might be easer to order a winch mounting plate from Us Spars (www.usspars.com) look under mast z265 and choose 1077 for side mount or 1082 for fore/aft mount. Check the price, it might just be easer. Greg H23 Faster

G

Gerry Hull

MAST WINCH

First determine what size bolts [machine screws]are needed and then select the right drill needed to make the holes which will be smaller than the bolts. This is because you next need to use a tap to put threads in the holes. There are charts that give the right sizes. Mark your drill bit with tape or put a mechanical stop on it so when you drill through you won't damage wires etc. From the table pick the right tap size and slowly, by hand do each hole. It may be smart to do just one hole first and then put the winch or winch pad on it to align the others. It's easy if you go a step at a time. If it's your first time practice on a piece of scrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.