Why are pictures so small?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2004
Hunter 23 Lake Keystone, OK
I've asked this before but didn't get an answer. Pictures used to be big on this site, filled up the screen. All these little pictures posted now are no fun. Is this a site restriction or do posters do it on purpose?
Thanks, Mac

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Mac, are you referring to the forums, the classified ads, the owner mods, the owner photo album... ?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
You're clicking on the small photos, right? That pops open a new screen with a large photo.

Photos that are uploaded to the server show a small thumbnail in the post and open larger, as described above. Some folks, Maine Sail, Tim R., among them, link to photos on other sites and those appear in the thread at full size.

Jun 12, 2010
Oday 22 Orleans Marina, NOLA
I've NOT noticed that pics open larger when attached to forums, but they do in other parts of the site. This is why I usually use a link to photobucket if I want a more detailed pic to appear.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
I have not noticed a change over the years. A picture like the one below has always opened to the same size. I don't have a photo website from where I can imbed the pictures in line. So I almost always use the "upload" feature below.

Maybe you are experiencing a change in your browser where the picture below does not open into a new and larger box when you click on it. Happened to me recently.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2010
Oday 22 Orleans Marina, NOLA
Well, now I'm NOT right, because you're attached picture does open larger when I click it.

Go figure.

MrUnix

Mar 24, 2010
Hunter 23 Gainesville, FL
The attachments *should* open up in a new window/tab and be larger. You may have your browser set to automatically shrink oversize images to fit the screen and clicking on the image will expand it (in firefox, the pointer turns into a magnifying glass with either a "+" or "-" in the middle). Having an external hosting site will allow you more possibilities, such as:

Click on the little picture above and it will take you to a larger version hosted elsewhere. Or you can embed a full size image like this:

Which may or may not be scaled to fit the window depending on your browser. The image has also been added as an attachment. I have noticed that clicking on the attachment image will bring up a larger version, but not as large as the original for some reason.. it appears to limit the size. If some of these methods don't work, then I can only imagine it has something to do with the settings for your browser.

Cheers,
Brad

Attachments

Feb 26, 2004
Here's a small one

Taken from another person's recent post. It's 640x480 pixels. About all the ones I've seen, 640 is the max, either horizontal or vertical. When uploading, it says 800 pixels is the max, but these aren't even getting that big.

Attachments

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
The picture in your example above opens to 6" x 4" and is very clear. And that's the way it has always worked. "Properties" shows it to be 100+ by 100+ pixels.

Feb 26, 2004
Here's an example

Here's a picture, Winsome fleet, out of the owners' photos. It's 600x450 pixels.

I downloaded this photo a few years ago and it's on my hard drive at 1024x768 pixels. When I uploaded that one here, it's the second one, it's at 800x600 pixels.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.