Who wants to be an author?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
This web site is seeking established, emerging, and wannabe authors to contribute articles on general sailing skills, destinations, experiences, maintenance, boat buying, and other relevant topics. Authors chosen for publication will be paid a fee. For submission guidelines email: authors@sailboatowners.com

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Assume this is per selected article?

NM

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
the answer man

Yes, payment ain't much and it's per article. As for retroactive, I'd say no but in your case Peggie, of course! Normal forum posts, however, do not count. :)

J

Jim Bohart

Can I pan to retire now?

I'm with Peggy, when do we get our first checks? ;) Hey are you all going to Annapolis? maybe we should have another HOW party...I'll contribute all my royalties. JB

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Annapolis 1, HOW 0

No, unfortunately we won't be at the Annapolis show this year... but we will be at St. Petersburg or St. Augustine show (I forget which city it is now) in November. Jim, we'll forward your royalties into the Beer Nuts pool. :)

J

Jon Bastien

OK, That settles it...

My wife and I have been discussing (read: I'm begging for) going to the St. Pete sail expo in November. Now I'm just going to have to go... If for no other reason, to eat Jim's Beer nuts while talking to Phil! --Jon Bastien

P

Peter

Post the fee and save the angst

Sayyyyyyyyyyyy...why don't ya say what the fee is??? Is it THAT teensy? pk

Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
Excellent Site

This is an excellent boating site - and for the specific make and model of boat it is the best I've come across. I'm shure that the web manager doesn't want to post anything as it's no doubt negotiatable as everybody has a different situation and hence these things are better discussed of-line.

D

Dave Rolston

What you looking for?

Phil, Hi. We met once long ago when I was a Hunter 450 owner. (I have a 470 now.) I hope you are doing well. I have written a number of published articles and one "bestseller" professional technical book for a major publisher. What kinds of pieces are you looking for? I am particularly interested in writing "sailing humor" if that would fit your bill. Maybe something oriented to the emerging yuppie half sailor/half floating condo dweller crowd. Thanks, Dave Rolston.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi Dave!

All sounds good - shoot me an email at phil@catalinaowners.com and we'll discuss details. p.

Status
Not open for further replies.