White power on heat exchanger hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

May 21, 2007
Catalina 36 MK II NJ
Hi All, I have this white power forming on the hose from the sae water pump to the heater exchanger on my 2002 Catalina 36. The hose seems to be warped in some kind of heat shield silver tape. I am wonder if I can replace the hose with standard engine hose or do I need to get a heat protected hose? Thanks Jim

Attachments

K

Ken

white powder

My guess is that the white power is salt that is crystalizing on the hose. Scrap some off and give it a taste. The tape may be hiding a hole. The hose can be replaced by standard automotive heater hose of the correct size, think it is 5/8" off the top of my head, but measure first. If there is concern that the hose will be damaged by heat from the exhaust manifold, try routing the hose differently.

Jim

May 21, 2007
Catalina 36 MK II NJ
Thank you very much

Ken. I give the old taste taste a try! Thanks Again!

J

Jeff

White Power

"White Power" hee hee.....snicker....snort..... what are you a skinhead? Just kidding. The white powder looks suspiciously like salt. Especially since it looks like it's dripping on the water pump too. I'd say you've got a leak. Looks like the aft hose clamp is missing?? Replace the hose and hose clamp. See your marine dealer.

Jim

May 21, 2007
Catalina 36 MK II NJ
White Power

I replaced the hose and water impeller.

Status
Not open for further replies.