Whisker Pole Sizw

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RA Skinner

What size whisker pole is needed to fly a 150 geona in light air on a classic 26? An particular brand or model?

C

Curtiss Grant

Whisker Pole

I do not know the lenght of the pole but I have an adjustable one that is set at approximately 7 to 8 feet. I typically do not vary the adjustment it. I am a avid pole user versus a Spinnaker. I highly recommend getting a good adjustable pole. Good Luck

73mensailed

what size...

Genoa are you using with that pole. We have a '92 "s" model and use a 160%. Been very curious about getting one (pole). That much of a difference in prices? Any brand name better than another?

J

Jeff Gottlieb

Whisker pole repair

Anyone know how to un-stick a whisker pole that is stuck in the extended position (twist lock model). Unable to twist with bare hands. Thanks!

C

Curtiss Grant

73 men

I am using a about a 150% or so ginny. I have a '91 S. I do not know the brand of the pole but it is aluminum, 1 inch in diameter and about 7 to 8 foot long without being extended. It extends another 5 to 6 feet. I highly recommend a pole for broad reach all the way to aft reach. I keep mime secured on deck and rig it up single handed. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.