Which mainsail to order

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason

Considering purchase of a Beneteau in the 35-38' range. Which main to order? In mast furling- less sail area, can it malfunction Conventional- Battens hang up on lazy jacks In boom furling-expensive but maybe the best of both worlds

H

Henryv

happy with furling

I took delivery of a 331 with in mast furling earlier this year. So far I am happy with my choice of furling main. During initial operation I had a few hang ups but once I became a little more carefull about being oriented into the wind and properly slacked off main sheet things settled down. As I single hand a lot the convenience is a big plus. I also appreciate this limitless reefing ability - the boat sails well in high winds with quite a small triangle up. The loose foot and lack of battens also provides more sail shaping options - down wind or on a broad reach you can trim much as you would your jib

J

Jack

I agree with Henry 100%

We have an Oceanis 370 with the main furler system. Love it to death!!! Ditto Henry on the sail shapes I would never go back to the old way.

W

Warren

Love it but.....

sometimes it jams when you roll it into the mast. You gotta be careful and make sure that you got everything loosened up (e.g. outhaul, mainsheet, vang, etc.) before you roll in. But, otherwise, I really love it and would not go back to standard sail.

Status
Not open for further replies.