Which impeller for 2GM20F?

Jul 2, 2019
Hunter 310 Pine Beach, NJ
In my spares kit I have an impeller with a setscrew. My pump has a keyway type impeller. Did a search online and wound up even more confused. Looks like people are mixing up part numbers on these 2 impellers. I can find both type listed with the same part no. even though they are definitely not interchangeable. Can someone tell me the part no. for the keyway model? So I don't have to buy the wrong one like the previous owner did.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
That agrees with my supplier:

Product Code: 124223-42092

Impeller 2Gm20F, 30F, Qm30 Y 128296-42070

• Helpful
Apr 21, 2021
C&C 30 Harrison Township, MI
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but seemed like a good place to ask about impeller replacement. On my Chrysler 360's they recommended remove and inspect annually, replacing if indicated. What's the recommended maintenance interval on impellers on a sailboat, x number hours, remove and inspect annually, what? Am just beginning to assemble a routine maintenance schedule, but that seems too broad, and ambiguous to start a new thread.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but seemed like a good place to ask about impeller replacement. On my Chrysler 360's they recommended remove and inspect annually, replacing if indicated. What's the recommended maintenance interval on impellers on a sailboat, x number hours, remove and inspect annually, what? Am just beginning to assemble a routine maintenance schedule, but that seems too broad, and ambiguous to start a new thread.
The Yanmar 3YM series manual says to inspect every 250 hours or 1 year, and replace every 1000 hours or 4 years.

I usually remove mine after winterizing each fall, rinse the antifreeze off it, inspect it, and let it sit out for the winter.

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
The 2gm20f was marinized either in Japan or Europe. As I recall, the ones from Japan had the Oberdorfer pump and the European version used the Johnson pump. Most of the engines imported to the states were from Europe. My 2gm20f happened to be from Japan. The pumps have different impellers. Also, to complicate things further, the PO may have replaced the old pump with another brand.