Which Gaskets for Bomar Hatches on H34

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jim oursler

Hi.. Help wanted from the learned masses.. Does anyone have the exact bomar part number for the hatch gaskets over table and v-berth? Bomar sent me the wrong ones.. 1983 model.

T

Tim Schaaf

Another solution

Another solution is to simply leave the old gasket in place and put some close-cell tape on the surface it mates with. I am talking about the type of tape you put in between the bed and the camper shell of a pickup. It has adhesive on one side of the foam and works great. IT is also pretty inexpensive and readily available. I think it is also used for windows or some other domestic use. You can get it at a hardware store in various thicknesses. Be sure to get the closed cell stuff.

D

DJ Dreyer

Boat Owners Warehouse

If I remember correctly, it is 9/16" in diameter. I picked up some when I was in Ft Lauderdale at Boat Owners Warehouse (BOW).

J

jim oursler

re another solution

Tim.. too late.. already trashed the originals and the ones bomar sent me were too thick, so can't dog down the hatches. .

C

CaptJeff

Try the Thrifty Mariner...

Check out www.thriftymariner for Surplus Bomar hatches and Portlights, they carry the Older hatch gasket that you are looking for. Call 813-243-1378 they will take care of your dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.